Friends, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has launched a major scheme for farmers. The scheme is named YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme. In this article, we have shared important information related to this scheme like the process of application and the list of beneficiaries, etc. with you.
YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme
Under the Free Crop Insurance Scheme launched in Andhra Pradesh, a target has been set to benefit 9.48 lakh farmers of the state. According to the AP Government, the sum insured of Rs 1252 crore has been sent to the bank accounts of these farmers.
Let us tell you that Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy had promised to introduce a free crop insurance scheme during the election journey. The farmers do not have to deposit any premium amount under this scheme. This scheme benefits all the farmers whose crops are destroyed due to any natural disaster.
Andhra Pradesh YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme Main Points
- In this scheme, all the beneficiary farmers do not have to deposit any money to get their crops insured.
- The Government of Andhra Pradesh has allocated an amount of 1252 crores for this scheme.
- The scheme will benefit more than 9 lakh farmers of Andhra Pradesh.
- Free crop insurance scheme in 2020, the government will benefit those farmers of Andhra Pradesh. Whose crops were destroyed during the year 2019? That is the farmers whose crops have been destroyed in the year 2020 can get benefits in 2021.
- The benefit of the scheme will be given to all farmers as per the e-cropping system.
How To Apply for YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme
To get the benefit of a free crop insurance scheme, farmers only have to book their crops on the e-Crop – AP State Portal. This portal has been started by the Agriculture Department of Andhra Pradesh. Following are the special features of the e-crop booking portal –
- Farmers can use the e-crop portal through the mobile app. And they can also update the status of their crops.
- Joint Ajamaishi by Agriculture(VAA/VHA/VSA) and Revenue(VRO).
- For better implementation of Rythu Barosa, Crop Insurance, Input subsidy, procurement operations.
- Estimation of market arrivals along with quantities.
- Provision to capture mid-term crop evaluation/condition with expected yields.
- Provision for booking of all crops i.e., Agriculture, Horticulture, Sericulture, and Fodder crops.
- Capturing the information of the actual cultivator whether landowner or tenant.
- The date of sowing and variety has grown being captured.
How to see Beneficiary List 2020-21
The Government of Andhra Pradesh has made the list of beneficiaries named under the YSR free crop insurance scheme available at all nearby Rythu Bharosha Kendras (RBKs). Farmers who are registered on the e-crop booking portal. They can see their name in the Beneficiary list.